Mid-Career Traineeship Programme
Sandpiper, the fastest growing strategic communications and public affairs agency in Asia Pacific, is seeking interest from talented and entrepreneurial individuals from other industries who are keen to build a career in communications and public affairs on a fast-track mid-career traineeship programme.
Sandpiper is a multi-award-winning agency that was named Asia Pacific Agency of the Year for 2021 by PR Week, Asia Pacific Corporate and Public Affairs Agency of the Year and a Best Place to Work.
Our team are trusted advisors to industry leaders and market disruptors. We combine strong regional market and industry understanding with global perspectives.
Operating with one global P&L, we harness new technologies to deliver advisory backed by rigorous research and deep insights, and to meet the evolving needs of our clients quickly and effectively wherever they are in the world.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, and equipping them with the right technologies and tools, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with a diverse set of clients, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers, insurance and pharmaceutical companies to disruptive technology firms that are trying to reshape the way commerce is carried out. Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, ESG and sustainability, and technology.
What are we looking for and what is involved?
We are looking for creative, energetic, and ambitious trainees who are passionate about communications and who are natural communicators to join our regional team.
Traineeship roles can be based in any of Sandpiper’s six Asia Pacific offices and are ideal for professionals with two to five years work experience, particularly in the financial services, environmental, healthcare, and professional services industries.
The mid-career traineeship is 12-18 months in length, and combines a fast-track in-house training programme, with on-the-job experience overseen by a senior mentor, and recognised industry certifications paid for by the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial with strong business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
Roles and Responsibilities
During and beyond your traineeship, you will be responsible for supporting Sandpiper’s client work across the Asia Pacific region. Your role will also include:
- Ensuring a high level of client service and providing leadership on client accounts where required
- Maintaining a good understanding of clients’ business objectives, and the issues in their sector
- Building strong and trusted relationships with clients and key business stakeholders
- Supporting the development of communications and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Providing support on issues and crisis management
- Supporting new business development and marketing activities in partnership with other senior team members.
- Keeping up to date with the latest social media trends
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you choose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as above market remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us! Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org