Director, Energy and Environment
Sandpiper, one of the fastest growing strategic communications and public affairs agencies in Asia Pacific, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual to join the firm as a Director to lead the growth of its energy and environment practice across the region.
Sandpiper is an award-winning agency that was named Asia Pacific Agency of the Year for 2021 and a Best Place to Work.
Our team are trusted advisors to industry leaders and market disruptors. We combine strong regional market and industry understanding with global perspectives.
Operating with one global P&L, we harness new technologies to deliver advisory backed by rigorous research and deep insights, and to meet the evolving needs of our clients quickly and effectively wherever they are in the world.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, and equipping them with the right technologies and tools, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with a diverse set of clients, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers and insurance companies to disruptive technology firms that are trying to reshape the way commerce is carried out.
Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, energy, environment, ESG and sustainability, and technology.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative, energetic and experienced Director to work closely with our regional team to grow our energy and environment practice and client work across Asia Pacific.
Deep experience and a passion for the energy and environment sectors is required, and solid agency experience is an advantage.
Our multinational team of senior advisers combines local knowledge with a global perspective. We believe a deep understanding of the sectors and environments in which our clients operate is a prerequisite of strategic counsel and campaigns that make our clients stand out.
We partner with some of the region and the world’s leading businesses and brands to develop effective, evidence-based communications strategies and programmes.
- 15+ years’ experience in strategic communications, with experience in the energy and environment sectors
- Ability to advise and direct C-Level clients/stakeholders according to their needs
- Capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (a plus if it is in related fields such as English, journalism, politics, economics or business)
- An understanding of government and public affairs is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for driving business growth, and you will also work closely with teams at all levels across the Asia Pacific region. Your role will also include:
- Ensuring a high level of client service and providing leadership on client accounts
- Providing support and leadership on issues and crisis management
- Leading and mentoring teams across the region
- Maintaining a good understanding of clients’ business objectives, and the issues in their sector
- Building and maintaining strong and trusted relationships with clients and key business stakeholders
- Leading the development of communications and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Supporting and leading new business development and marketing activities in
- partnership with other senior team members
- Keeping up to date with the latest issues around Sandpiper’s core sectors
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us!
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org