Account Director, Technology
Sandpiper, one of the fastest growing strategic communications and public affairs agencies in Asia Pacific, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual with 7-10 years’ experience to join the firm as an Account Director based in Singapore and working across the Asia Pacific region.
Sandpiper is an award-winning agency that was named Asia Pacific Agency of the Year for 2021 and a Best Place to Work.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with a diverse set of clients, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers and insurance companies to disruptive technology firms that are trying to reshape the way commerce is carried out. Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, ESG and sustainability, and technology.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative, energetic, and experienced communications professional to join our Singapore team. We want all our colleagues to participate in shaping client strategies and contributing to the growth and management of the agency business.
They will have prior experience at a communications consultancy, excellent B2B technology experience, have strong media relations on both local and regional level, confident overseeing client programs, and have a track record of building strong relationships based on trust and respect.
Our multinational team of senior advisers combines local knowledge with a global perspective. We believe a deep understanding of the sectors and environments in which our clients operate is a prerequisite of strategic counsel and campaigns that make our clients stand out.
A polished professional with impeccable written and verbal communications skills, you will have a deep and broad understanding of the technology sector. Experience creating thought leadership pieces and a flair for creativity is also an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Responsive to client needs and capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Creative thinker with a good understanding of the business world, the latest technology news, and general news knowledge
- Strong business acumen
- Good grasp of International Relations
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (a plus if it is in related fields such as communications, English, journalism, politics, or business)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support with the growth of Sandpiper’s business in Singapore and Asia Pacific
- Ensure a high level of client service and provide leadership on client accounts where required
- Maintain a good understanding of clients’ business objectives, and the issues in their sector
- Build strong and trusted relationships with clients and key business stakeholders
- Assist with the development of communications and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Assist with issues and crisis management
- Support new business development and marketing activities in partnership with the GM of Singapore
- Keep up to date with the latest healthcare trends in the region
- Keep up to date timesheets and expense claims
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us! Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com