Account Executive, Sandpiper
Sandpiper, one of the fastest growing strategic communications and public affairs agencies in Asia Pacific, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual to join the firm as an Account Executive in the Corporate team based in Singapore and working across the Asia Pacific region.
Sandpiper is an award-winning agency that was named Asia Pacific Agency of the Year for 2021 and a Best Place to Work.
Our team are trusted advisors to industry leaders and market disruptors. We combine strong regional market and industry understanding with global perspectives.
Operating with one global P&L, we harness new technologies to deliver advisory backed by rigorous research and deep insights, and to meet the evolving needs of our clients quickly and effectively wherever they are in the world.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, and equipping them with the right technologies and tools, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with a diverse set of clients, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers and insurance companies to disruptive technology firms that are trying to reshape the way commerce is carried out.
Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, ESG and sustainability, and technology.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented, energetic and motivated Account Executive from a PR or Journalism background with strong language capabilities and a keen interest in the financial, professional services, or technology industry, to join our regional Asia Pacific team, based in Singapore.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Able to think out of the box with a good understanding of the business world and business/technology news
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (a plus if it is in related fields such as communications, English, journalism)
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for supporting Sandpiper’s Corporate client work in Singapore and across the Asia Pacific region when required. Your role will also include:
- Draft, edit, localise, or translate editorial for a range of client communication deliverables including news releases, features, customer stories, DM material, advertorials, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of key media; to actively sell stories into the media; and to build relationships with journalists
- Monitor and follow up editorial opportunities on behalf of clients as directed
- Assist in the delivery of agreed client programmes / actions with responsibility for providing timely and clear reporting on progress
- Attend and participate in client progress/briefing meetings where required.
- Demonstrate awareness of social media trends and advocates and assist team members in creating and implementing traditional and social media campaigns
- Conduct new business research and attend networking events for leads
- Actively deepen knowledge of clients’ business, issues, and relevant media to support teams in the delivery of overall business objectives.
- To update and maintain in-house media lists, as required
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us! Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com