Resource Manager, Corporate
Sandpiper, one of the fastest growing strategic communications and public affairs agencies in Asia Pacific, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual to join the firm as a Resource Manager working across the region.
Sandpiper is an award-winning agency that was named Asia Pacific Agency of the Year for 2021 and a Best Place to Work.
Our team are trusted advisors to industry leaders and market disruptors. We combine strong regional market and industry understanding with global perspectives.
Operating with one global P&L, we harness new technologies to deliver advisory backed by rigorous research and deep insights, and to meet the evolving needs of our clients quickly and effectively wherever they are in the world.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, and equipping them with the right technologies and tools, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with a diverse set of clients, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers and insurance companies to disruptive technology firms that are trying to reshape the way commerce is carried out.
Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, ESG and sustainability, and technology.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Resource Manager to join our regional Operations team and work with the senior leaders across the business to support with talent and resource planning and allocation for clients and client projects.
Previous experience working in a consultancy environment is an advantage, but not essential.
- Previous experience as a project or resource manager in the related industry is desirable but not essential.
- Technologically proficient – able to use analytics, CRM, PSA and/or resource management software, e.g. Excel, Tableau, Power BI.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in and strong understanding of talent management, project management, and business processes.
- Ability to think strategically and solve challenges.
- Critical thinking, analysis and forecasting skills.
- Good personal judgement and decision-making skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (a plus if it is in related fields such as human resource management, finance, or business.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will play a critical role in Sandpiper’s regional Operations team, and the direct success of the business, with responsibilities including:
- Managing and overseeing demand management and utilisation systems and tools.
- Maintaining an up to date, personal knowledge of employees in the business and their experience, capabilities, and career pathways.
- Assigning available employees to clients and projects in accordance with their skillsets, previous experience, availability, and suitability.
- Monitoring day-to-day project activities, utilisation, and corresponding resourcing.
- Capacity planning, including that the consultancy’s resources have sufficient capacity to work on upcoming projects.
- Ensuring effective resource management, reallocating resources, assigning more team members as required.
- Providing project managers with support with improving resource management processes.
- Knowing all the current and upcoming projects and planning resourcing accordingly.
- Collaborating with the HR department regarding staff training, compensation and benefit planning, payroll administration, and hiring new staff for projects.
- Being familiar with labour laws as well as resource management trends.
- Overseeing and leading processes (e.g. weekly utilization report, etc.).
- Maintaining internal staff talent and experience databases.
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to innovate new ideas that are aligned with the evolution of the industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for a business of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us! Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org