Office Administrator , Sandpiper
Sandpiper, one of the fastest growing strategic communications and public affairs agencies in Asia Pacific, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual individual to join the firm as an Office Administrator, based in Singapore and supporting the operations team in Singapore and other markets when required.
Sandpiper is an award-winning agency that was named Asia Pacific Agency of the Year for 2021 and a Best Place to Work.
Our team are trusted advisors to industry leaders and market disruptors. We combine strong regional market and industry understanding with global perspectives.
Operating with one global P&L, we harness new technologies to deliver advisory backed by rigorous research and deep insights, and to meet the evolving needs of our clients quickly and effectively wherever they are in the world.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, and equipping them with the right technologies and tools, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with a diverse set of clients, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers and insurance companies to disruptive technology firms that are trying to reshape the way commerce is carried out.
Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, ESG and sustainability, and technology.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a thoughtful, energetic, and detail-oriented professional who has the passion and drive to support and be part of a fast-growing and fast-paced business. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and take ownership in delivering operational duties.
This is a key supporting role in the finance, operations and human resources functions of our business, reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager based in Singapore and working in partnership with the Human Resources Manager and team leaders in markets across the business, currently Hong Kong, Beijing, Singapore, Sydney and New Zealand. The role will also provide executive support to the firm’s General Manager and Deputy General Manager in Singapore.
This individual must have a strong ability to multi-task, excellent organisational skills and be able to support the leadership team. With strong communications skills, s/he must be able to collaborate with people at all levels within the organisation and interact with a diverse group of cultures, individuals and personalities. They must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Min. 2 years’ experience in an administration or operations role, ideally in a consultancy environment
- Communications agency or professional services firm experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Responsive, strong organisational skills and the capability to multi-task on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 and Office tools, mainly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Technologically savvy and able to use cloud-based systems
- A good team player, enthusiastic and resourceful in supporting the regional team in Asia Pacific
- Required languages: English, Mandarin a plus
- AdWords Certification (Fundamentals, Search, Display & Video) from Google Academy for Ads
- Experience in Media and Marketing communications
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to CEO, COO, CFO, office GMs and operations team as required.
- Coordinate the purchase of gifts for clients and employees, including birthday cards and team cultural events.
- Set up new folders and project codes using new project forms for new retainer and projects in Harvest, Zoho and Xero.
- Ensure timesheets across the business are up to date and accurate.
- Generate client and ad-hoc Harvest information requests as required by team members.
- Monitor regional team folders to ensure they are maintained in good order.
- Support with filling up vendor forms.
Regional Marketing and New Business
- Coordinate update of weekly new business pipeline with the sector/area leads and update confirmed revenue tracker.
- Management of regional CRM.
Team Support – Regional
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager and Deputy General Manager in Singapore.
- Provide general day-to-day administrative/office management support to the Singapore office as required.
- Provide support to videographer for collection and return of equipment, and on-site support for indoor and outdoor videography
- Assist the Singapore office with the set-up of IT equipment before meetings.
- Diary management:
- Coordinate weekly team meetings and ensure provision of all relevant documents required by agenda.
- Coordinate diaries, bookings, meetings for weekly events.
Local Infrastructure Management
- Coordinate with landlord/building management in Singapore for any general office management issues (e.g. out-of-hours air conditioning, building access keys etc.)
- Ad hoc assistance with provision of desks/equipment for new employees.
- Coordinate with suppliers for insurance, subscriptions and other related procurement matters in Singapore
HR – Singapore Support
- Support with coordination and organisation of local cultural / team building initiatives in partnership with the General Manager and Deputy General Manager in Singapore
Finance – Singapore Support
- Manage petty cash and maintenance of petty cash records.
- Provide ad-hoc local support as required with:
- Filing and keep track of client and supplier contracts.
- Ensuring client invoices and supplier invoices are filed in the shared folder.
IT – Regional Support
- Purchase of new laptops for new hires based in Singapore, China, Australia and New Zealand.
- Set up new user accounts (Office 365, Email, Harvest, Zoho, Webex, news subscriptions) for new hires.
- Review and ensure laptops are set up by IT in accordance with Sandpiper’s requirements.
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us! Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com