Account Director, Corporate
Sandpiper, one of the fastest growing strategic communications and public affairs agencies in Asia Pacific, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual to join the firm as an Account Director in the Corporate team, based in New Zealand and working across the Asia Pacific region.
Sandpiper is an award-winning agency that was named Asia Pacific Agency of the Year for 2021 and a Best Place to Work.
Our team are trusted advisors to industry leaders and market disruptors. We combine strong regional market and industry understanding with global perspectives.
Operating with one global P&L, we harness new technologies to deliver advisory backed by rigorous research and deep insights, and to meet the evolving needs of our clients quickly and effectively wherever they are in the world.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, and equipping them with the right technologies and tools, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with a diverse set of clients, ranging from the world’s leading asset managers and insurance companies to disruptive technology firms that are trying to reshape the way commerce is carried out.
Our expertise spans corporate communications, healthcare, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, ESG and sustainability, and technology.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative, energetic, and experienced Account Director to join our team in New Zealand. We want all our colleagues to participate in shaping client strategies and contributing to the growth and management of the agency business.
A passion for communications and knowledge of the corporate sector in New Zealand is required. Previous experience working in a consultancy environment is an advantage.
Our multinational team of senior advisers combines local knowledge with a global perspective. We believe a deep understanding of the sectors and environments in which our clients operate is a prerequisite of strategic counsel and campaigns that make our clients stand out.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience managing a team and capable of supporting new business pitches
- Capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Entrepreneurial with strong business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (a plus if it is in related fields such as communications, English, journalism, politics, economics or business)
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for supporting Sandpiper’s Corporate client work in New Zealand and across the Asia Pacific region. Your role will also include:
- Ensure a high level of client service and provide leadership on client accounts where required
- Maintain a good understanding of clients’ business objectives, and the issues in their sector
- Build strong and trusted relationships with clients and key business stakeholders
- Lead the development of communications and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Provide support and leadership on issues and crisis management
- Support and lead new business development and marketing activities in partnership with other senior team members.
- Keep up to date with the latest social media trends
- Keep up to date timesheets and expense claims
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us! Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org