Account Director, Sandpiper Health
Sandpiper Health, a multi-award-winning strategic communications and public affairs consultancy specialising in healthcare, is seeking a talented and entrepreneurial individual to join the firm as an Account Director based in Singapore and working across the Asia Pacific region. Sandpiper Health brings together deep expertise in healthcare policy and advocacy and communications, working towards better health outcomes in Asia Pacific and beyond. Our specialist consultants based across Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, and Singapore provide a full range of consultancy services including corporate communications, patient advocacy, public affairs and policy development, as well as internal communications and social and digital strategies.
The firm is built around a simple proposition: by employing the right people to do smart thinking, we deliver tangible results and business benefits. We work with some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, as well as medical device manufacturers, health insurers, health services groups, telemedicine start-ups, and major industry associations.
Sandpiper Health is part of Sandpiper Group, whose expertise spans corporate communications, financial services and capital markets communications, brand PR, media relations, ESG and sustainability and technology.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a creative, energetic, and experienced Account Director to join our fast-growing regional team. We want all our colleagues to participate in shaping client strategies and contributing to the growth and management of the agency business.
Ideal candidates will have worked in-house, in agency or in government. But anyone with a demonstrable passion for healthcare will be considered. Experience of doing thought leadership work and a flair for creativity is also an advantage.
Our multinational team of senior advisers combines local knowledge with a global perspective. We believe a deep understanding of the sectors and environments in which our clients operate is a prerequisite of strategic counsel and campaigns that make our clients stand out.
This is particularly true of our healthcare work, which is one of the largest parts of our business. We partner with some of the region and the world’s leading businesses and brands to develop effective, evidence-based communications strategies and programmes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in strategic communications in the healthcare sector
- Responsive to client/stakeholder needs and capable of multi-tasking on multiple projects – managing priorities and meeting deadlines, while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum (a plus if it is in related fields such as politics, English, journalism, politics, economics or business)
- An understanding of government, public affairs and stakeholder engagement
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for both supporting and managing Sandpiper Health’s client work in Singapore and across the Asia Pacific region when required. Your role will also include:
- Ensuring a high level of client service and providing leadership on client accounts where required
- Maintaining a good understanding of clients’ business objectives, and the issues in their sector
- Building strong and trusted relationships with clients and key business stakeholders
- Leading the development of communications and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Providing support and leadership on issues and crisis management
- Supporting and leading new business development and marketing activities in partnership with other senior team members.
- Keeping up to date with the latest issues around the healthcare sector
What we offer
An opportunity to work at a fast-growing agency where you can have genuine responsibility and if you chose, autonomy to create new products and services that are aligned with the evolution of the communications industry and changing client needs.
At Sandpiper, we also offer a collaborative and stimulating work environment as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
If you want to work for the agency of the future, not the past; are bored doing the same thing every day and want to have more influence over your career – then come and join us! Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com